There will be separate wardens for the gentlemen’s and the ladies’ hostels. The wardens would be responsible for the discipline in the hostel and for allotment of the rooms. The concerned Warden heads the Hostel Management Committee. The wardens will be assisted by hostel supervisors and other staff who will be responsible for maintenance of the buildings and other assets. In addition, floors in charge would be nominated to join the management Committee who will assist the wardens in the day to day functioning of the hostels. Similarly, a Mess Committee would be formed to assist the warden in smooth running of the hostel mess. Aim of setting up the management committee is to ensure a clean and secure living environment that is conducive for the academic advancement.
Gentlemen are not permitted to visit the floors of the hostels earmarked for the Ladies. Similarly, ladies are not permitted to visit the Gentlemen’s rooms or the floors occupied by them.
All residents are expected to be properly dressed before they come out of their rooms. They should not be found roaming around in the corridors improperly dressed.
Allotment and Vacating the Hostels
Rooms would be allotted to the residents by the warden. The allotment would be valid for the complete duration of the Programme. Residents shall not change over to any other room except with the written permission of the warden. Residents may be required to shift to other blocks/rooms in organizational interest, as and when directed by the hostel authorities.
Residents are advised to check all fixtures and fitments in their respective rooms as per the inventory at the time of occupation.
Residents would be required to vacate the hostel at the time of proceeding for the internship during the fourth trimester. Any damage to the hostel property in their respective rooms would have to be made good by the Residents.
Maintenance and Upkeep
Residents must tidy up their rooms every day before leaving for classes or going out of the hostel.
Any request for repair or maintenance should be entered in the registers specifically kept for this purpose with the hostel warden. Residents must bring to the notice of the supervisory staff any failure or breakdown in electric supply. They should not attempt to repair the defects in the mains or in the distribution system.
- When leaving their rooms, the residents must switch off all lights, fans and water taps.
- Bed linen would be changed at stipulated intervals by the supervisory staff.
- Residents are advised not to deface the walls of the hostels by pasting posters etc. Similarly, no alterations of any nature are permitted.
- The rooms and surroundings must be kept neat and clean. Services of cleaners would be provided by the hostel.
- Cooking in the hostel rooms is not permitted.
- Pets of any kind are not permitted in the hostel premises. Feeding of stray dogs and cats or any other animals is not permitted in the hostel premises.
All residents would be necessarily required to dine in the Resident’s Mess. They would be expected to adhere to the laid down timings.
- Playing of loud music and disturbing other residents is not permitted. All residents are expected to maintain the decorum by not disturbing their room mates or their neighbours.
- Playing of any outdoor games in the corridors of the hostels is not permitted.
- The Wardens or their representatives may enter any room for verification at any time of the day or night.
- All residents must return to the hostel latest by 7.30 pm (girls) / 10 pm (boys).
- Any absence from the hostel at night must be with the specific permission of the warden.
- Residents are not permitted to allow their rooms to be used by any other person.
- Visitors must be entertained in the areas specifically earmarked for them.
- All residents must inform the warden about any disciplinary or other problems concerning them or their roommates / neighbours.
- No television is permitted to be kept in any hostel room.
- Residents are advised not to keep any valuables or jewellery, etc in their rooms. All expensive items must be kept under lock and key when the residents are not in their rooms. The management will not be held responsible for loss of any valuables. All rooms when the residents are not present must be locked and the key handed over to the security by the last occupant leaving the room. Residents are not permitted to bring any type of private conveyance to the hostel.
Complaints and Representations
All complaints shall be made in writing and addressed to the warden.
Residents are not permitted to convene meeting of any sort in the hostel premises without the prior permission of the warden.
These instructions are by no means comprehensive. All students admitted to the Course are provided with a Participant Handbook and a copy of the Discipline rules and regulations, which they have to abide by at all times during the programme. Any issue, not expressly provided herein, would rest at the absolute discretion of the BMSB authorities who also reserve the right to modify these instructions. It would be the earnest endeavour of the management to make the living conditions in the hostel as comfortable as possible. Cooperation of the residents would help the management in achieving this aim.